What are cookies?
Cookies are small, simple text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website.
What are the other techniques?
Cookies and other techniques are used in almost all existing websites.
By using cookies and other techniques we ensure for example that:
- Surfing our website becomes easier and more fun;
- We can measure how our website is used and where we can still improve it;
- We can recognize which device (mobile, tablet or desktop) you use when you visit us.
Cookies from third parties
Which cookies do we use? In brief:
1. Functional cookies or necessary cookies
Functional cookies ensure that our website functions properly.
2. Analytical cookies
With analytical cookies we, with the aid of third parties, collect statistics about the use of our website by the users. Among other things, these statistics provide us with insight into how often we are visited and where we can improve our website. In this way, we ensure that our online experience is continuously optimized. For these statistics we use Google Analytics, Facebook and Hotjar. Your IP address is always anonymized first, before the statistics are saved.
3. Marketing cookies
Finally, we place marketing cookies that keep track of your surfing behavior. Cookies taken from embedded content — originating from social media sites such as Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter — also fall under this category.
- We can keep track of which ads you have already seen;
- We can keep track of how many times you have seen an ad;
- We can prevent you from seeing the same thing over and over again;
- We can keep track of whether you click on the ads.
For the cookies these parties place for advertising purposes, we refer to the statements published on their respective websites. Because these statements can change regularly, we advise you to consult privacy and cookie statements on a regular basis. The following parties place cookies on our website:
If you want to turn off cookies from specific parties, you can do so via www.youronlinechoices.com.
If you want to delete cookies, you can find more information in this article.
As shown above, the use of some cookies might imply the processing of personal data. In our privacy statement you will find more information on how we handle your data.
[Version 1.0 – May 2018]