Organization: CEVAN Industries NV
Represented by: Dirk Dezeure
Corporate number: BE 0437.307.969
Established at: Gremelsloweg 9, 3680 Maaseik, België
We respect your privacy and only process your personal data for the purpose for which you have provided them and in accordance with applicable privacy laws. This privacy statement defines our responsibilities vis-à-vis the processing of personal data.
We find your privacy very important and ensure that the personal information you share with us is handled with care. In this privacy statement we are happy to explain how we do this. If you have any questions regarding our policy, we will gladly help you. Just contact us using the information above.
Personal data that we process
We process your personal data when you use our services and / or when you provide this information to us. Below you can find an overview of the personal data that we may process, depending on the product or service that you purchase:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Preferred language
- Address data
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- IP address
- Location data
- Information about your activities on our website
- Browser fingerprint
- Bank account number
- Other personal data that you actively provide, for example in correspondence and by telephone.
Special and / or sensitive personal data that are processed
Our website and / or service does not intend to collect data about website visitors who are younger than 16 years. Unless they have permission from their parents or guardian. However, we can not check if a visitor is older than 16. We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data about children being collected without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal information about a minor without this permission, please contact us and we will delete this information.
We also do not collect special personal data such as data on religious beliefs, political opinions, ethnic origin, health or sexual orientation.
For what purpose do we process personal data?
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- To process your registration and / or payment after you have purchased a product or service.
- To be able to call or e-mail you, if this is necessary to perform the service that you have taken.
- To deliver goods and services that you have purchased.
- To inform you about (changes to) services and products you previously purchased. If you don’t want to receive this information, you can always unsubscribe via a link in the mail.
- To send newsletters and mailings for which you have signed up. For this you can always unsubscribe via a link in the mail.
We make no decisions based on automated processing (algorithms) that can have adverse consequences for you.
How long do we keep personal data?
Personal data may not be kept longer than necessary. The retention period depends on the purpose for which we have received or collected the data and any legal obligations to retain data. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to contact us.
Sharing personal data with third parties
We share your personal data with business partners and third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the agreement and to comply with possible legal obligations. We also provide your personal data to third parties in a few other cases, but we only do this with your explicit consent.
Companies that process your data in our order are bound by a processor agreement to guarantee a constant level of security and to safeguard the confidentiality of your data. We remain responsible for these processing operations.
Cookies or similar techniques that we use
On your first visit to our website we have already informed you about these cookies and we have asked you for permission to place them.
View, modify or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw your consent for the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by us. You have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send a computer file with the personal data we have from you to you or another organization of your choice.
You can send a request for inspection, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data. You can request the cancellation of your consent and you can object to the processing of your personal data by us.
To ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your ID with the request. In this copy, you should render your passport photo, MRZ (i.e. Machine Readable Zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and national register number invisible. This is to protect your privacy. We respond as quickly as possible and no later than four weeks after your request.
We would like to point out that you have the opportunity to file a complaint with the national regulator, the Privacy Commission.
How we protect personal data
We take the protection of your data seriously and take appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you feel that your data is not properly secured or if there are indications of abuse, please contact us.
We have taken the following measures to protect your personal data:
- We only send your data via secure internet connections. You can see this in the address bar, which reads ‘https’ and shows a padlock icon.
- Access to personal data is restricted and actively monitored.
- All employees with access to personal data are trained in carefully handling your data.
- If we transfer or receive your data on our website, we always use the encryption technologies that are recognized as common standards within the IT sector;
- If we receive or transfer certain critical information, such as financial information or health information, we use a secure server.
- We have implemented the necessary security measures to prevent the loss, unauthorized use or modification of information we receive on our site;
- On the page where you provide personal data, a secured connection is used.
- Passwords are always hashed (and saved as hashed passwords).
- We store as little customer information as possible and ensure that no particularly sensitive personal data is stored in our database, unless there is no other option.
- Sending personal data by e-mail is done via a secure connection.
- We take technical and organizational measures to prevent data loss or unlawful processing (such as attacks). To do this, we guarantee an appropriate level of security, which is tested on a regular bases.
- All systems in which (sensitive) personal data are processed are equipped with antivirus software and the latest security-related patches of all other important software, as issued by the suppliers of this software.